12 August 2011

Personal Favorites: Top Flowers






1. Chinese Lantern:

Physalis alkekengi:One of my favorite flowers, they are also known as Bladder Cherry, Japanese Lantern, or Winter Cherry (I'm guilt free in saying I Wiki-ed this).

Beautiful and flawless, even when withered.

They look pretty bad ass in a boutique, kind of like a dangling bells at the bottom. I am surprised that they are flowers, because they look like leafy bell peppers. Still pretty great looking flower.







2. Pussy Willow: It's so unfortunate that one of my favorite flowers bears such an unfortunate name. But pussy willows are my favorite winter flower, plus they are everything if not fluffy. And I've never seen them wither, which gives them a high vote of confidence. Or perhaps, that's just because I pick them apart before they have chance.

Pussy willows are puff balls growing on branches. Surreal.











3. Wisteria: The second of my series of favorite flowers.

I'm not big into the purple scene, but this is quite great draping flower for a more romantic garden. For me, this flower is in contention with ivy. I think this is perfect with the rustic French country/nook look.















4. Dahlia I love the symmetry of it all... How can you not love this flower? Dahlias reminds me of Alice and Wonderland, the garden scene. Flawless but haughty.














5. Hydrangea
Great flower for center piece with outstanding blue hues. Plus makes neat boutiques you really can't go wrong. The electrifying blue-purple is limiting but it pops without looking tropical.

I've given too many thoughts of flowers. I actually think they are a waste unless grown, but flowers are still nice when presented.

No comments:

Post a Comment